Rosoboronexport has the official status of the exclusive state intermediary, entitled to supply the world market with the whole range of permitted arms exports and military equipment made by the enterprises of the military-industrial complex of Russia. Rostec owns 100% of the shares of OJSC Rosoboronexport. The head of the company is Anatoly Petrovich Isaikin, who is the member of the Board of Rostec.
Rosoboronexport was established in 2000 in the framework of reform of the military-technical cooperation system of the Russian Federation with foreign states for the purpose of increasing its efficiency.
In 2004 the head of Rosoboronexport became Sergei Victorovich Chemezov, following which the company started to acquire core industry assets. In particular, under the the company took controlling stake of the the world’s largest titanium, producer, VSMPO-AVISMA, as well as shares in Avtovaz. In November 2007 Rostec was established, with Sergei Chemezov as its head. Federal State Unitary Enterprise Rosoboronexport, in accordance with the decree of the President of the Russian Federation in 2008 was included in Rostec along with other 435 enterprises, shares of which were transferred to the state as an assets contribution. Rosboronexport was included in Rostec in 2009 and on July 1, 2011, the federal state unitary enterprise was reorganized into an OJSC, shares of which were transferred to the corporation.
The company conducts foreign trade activities with regards to products of military purpose in order to implement the state policy in the military-technical sphere of cooperation of Russia with foreign countries. The company is one of the leaders of weapons and military equipment in the world market. The geography of cooperation covers more than 70 countries of the world.
CORE AREAS OF ACTIVITIES:
• Export / import of all types of conventional weapons, military and dual-use equipment and services.
• Organization of licensed production of armaments and military equipment abroad, joint R&D efforts with foreign partners.
• Maintenance and repair of earlier supplied weaponry and military equipment.
• Modernization of Russian-made weapons and military equipment.
• Training foreign specialists in Russia and customer countries in the operation and maintenance of supplied military equipment.
• Technical assistance in the construction of military infrastructure facilities: defence plants, airfields, depots, ranges, training centres.
The company actively participates in exhibitions of the highest level such as Farnborough International Airshow, the international exhibition of naval engineering Exponaval, the international exhibition of military-naval engineering and armament Euronaval, the international conference and exhibition of weapons and military equipment for all types of the armed forces Africa Aerospace and Defence and many others.
Rosoboronexport cooperates with the companies belonging to Italian groups (SELEX Elsag, SELEX Galileo и WASS), Spanish shipbuilding concern Navantia, French company Thales Optronics and many others.