The company was created in order to carry out projects involving raw materials and infrastructure development in Russia and abroad. State Corporation Rostec holds a 100% stake in RT Global Resources.
Rodion Sokrovishchuk is the head of the company.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
In December 2012, when Rostec was taking part in a series of large-scale international raw materials projects, it decided to set up RT Global Resources, a corporate competency centre dealing with the project planning, support and management. RT Global Resources follows Rostec strategy to achieve maximum value and increase the capitalization of its commercial raw materials projects and supporting infrastructure ventures.
- Preparation and development of international raw materials projects;
- Implementation of a ‘package’ approach through linking the access to deposits with the export deliveries of Rostec’s and its partners’ end products as well as with technology transfers;
- Ensure the dynamic growth of Russian raw materials projects by the corporation, and attract funding from extra budgetary resources;
- Participation in infrastructure, service and logistics projects to support the raw materials industry, using innovative technologies and equipment produced by Rostec companies;
The investment portfolio of RT-Global Resources has more than 10 projects in various commodity sectors, both in Russia and world-wide:
- Uganda Refinery Project (The project involves the construction of refinery with a capacity of up to 60 mbd in Uganda);
- Pakistan Gas Pipeline Project (construction of 1,100 km gas pipeline with a capacity of up to 12.4 bcm per year in Pakistan with estimated construction budget of $2.1 bn);
- Mongolian-Russian joint Company «Erdenet» (one of the largest copper and molybdenum mining and enrichment companies in Asia);
- Sea Coal Terminal «Vera Port» (Vera Port Project assumes the construction of the Sea Coal Terminal in Primorsky Region);
- Sugodinsko-Ogodzhinsky Coal Deposit (Ogodzha project involves the comprehensive development of the Sugodinsko-Ogodzhinsky coal deposit in amur region of Russia);
- Tomtor Deposit of Rare Earth Elements (Project assumes the supplementary exploration and integrated development of Tomtor deposit in Yakutia);
- World Class Tungsten Deposit in Russia (Project includes reinitiating production on the high-grade part (0,4% of WO3) of the biggest Russian Tyrnyauz tungsten deposit in Kabardino-Balkaria Region);
- Udokan Copper Deposit in Zabaykalsky Region (Project assumes the integrated development of the copper deposit);
- Establishment of a research centre consisting of 4 major scientific bodies for iron and steel industry (OJSC «GIOPROCVETMET», OJSC «GINCVETMET», OJSC «VIOGEM» AND FEDERAL STATE UNITARY ENTERPRICE «GIGKHS» IN COOPERATION WITH CJSC «ROSENGINEERING»).